At Gourmet, we like to think we have a group of employees who are great at what they do and like working here. You would be working at our head office in Mangere near the Auckland Airport. The site also houses our distribution centre and warehouse, this is an important logistical part of our business as most of our produce comes to the warehouse before it is delivered to our local or export markets.
We are looking for a Local Market Sales Support superstar, someone who can support the activities of the local market Sales Manager as well as the wider Sales and Marketing team. In addition, you will maintain a regular presence at the wholesale markets and liaise between customers and internal teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of customer needs. This role operates Tuesday to Saturday, with Saturday being a mandatory work day.
The successful candidate will be a natural relationship builder with a client focused approach, have a demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence at all levels, and understand digital marketing and website development. You will need to be computer literate, highly organized, able to manage high workloads and have a strong attention to detail.
A fantastic opportunity awaits the right candidate.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Undertaking regular visits to the Auckland Wholesale markets
- Visiting out of town Wholesale clients when required
- Checking competitor products and updating Local Sales team on activity and market intel
- Talking with key customers about current and future market trends
- Attending to customer needs through a variety of communications which include electronic, verbal and attending face to face meetings
- Attending and having an input into sales strategy meetings
- Understanding price trends and ensuring our prices are in line or exceed market conditions based on supply conditions or quality
- Understanding competitors pricing, quality and supply conditions by talking to sales staff at the markets
- Bringing market intel back to Gourmet and assisting setting our price levels based on this intel
- Providing local sales reports and other analytics as required
If this opportunity sounds like you, click on Apply Now or email your CV, with a covering letter to email@example.com
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a NZ or AU citizen, you must have the right of permanent residence.