We have a state-of-the-art blueberry packhouse in Hastings, that’s predominantly automated. We’re looking for a Packhouse Technician to ensure that our facility is set up on time, run efficiently, and maintained to the highest standards. You’ll join another dedicated technician and be provided with the specific training needed on the job.
This permanent position, to meet the demands of other sites within our business both domestically and internationally.
Duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Working alongside packing to observe, understand and optimise grading machine efficiency
• Pre & post season mechanical maintenance of blueberry and asparagus grading equipment
• In season maintenance & operation, to ensure grading of produce is optimised, minimising loss
• Maintain spare parts and machine logs
• Make recommendations to the Packhouse Manager for processing improvements
Key attributes required for this role:
• Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
• Working knowledge of health and safety legislation
• Solid organisational skills
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Google docs
• Competence with software systems
Hours of work will be between 6am and 6pm during the peak harvest in Summer, and 9am-4pm off-season. We guarantee no less than 30 hours of work per week.
Rate of pay will be between $65-70k per annum depending on skill and experience.
If you think that you can add value to our organisation upload your CV, with a covering letter to email@example.com by 19 February 2024